Happy New Year!
Well, another year has passed and it’s time to start a fresh! Learn from your mistakes from the previous year and push forward to get to where you want to be in life. The New Year always feels so motivating, you feel as though this year will be YOUR year! Your year to prove yourself. I just hope that motivation sticks around longer than it usually does, if not I will hunt it down and pin it to my notice board!
Yet again 2011 was an exciting year for me and my little family. We watched Jack turn 1 and change from a crawling, gagagoo -ing baby to a walking, talking, little boy with an extensive vocabulary! We took the big leap and moved from Wales to England and into our first family home! Will started his full-time graduate job and even though it may seem like a small thing to everyone else.. I took the leap and joined a mother and toddler group with Jack. This felt like a massive step for me as I get so nervous meeting new people, especially in large groups. So all in all it has been a great year, like Ive said before the New Year gives you the chance to prove yourself and I think last year we did just that: we’ve proven that we can stand on our own two feet. Though we very much appreciated the help we received when Jack was first born as without it I don’t know what we would’ve done but it’s always nice to know that we can do it ourselves.
Anyway, that’s enough of looking back, now’s the time to look forward! That’s right, you’ve guessed it! New Year’s Resolutions!
Here are mine for the next 12 months:
- Knit a blanket / create a patchwork quilt
- Get a drawing published in a printed magazine
- Move from a flat into a house
- Save enough money for a third of a deposit for our own house
- Take Jack to the park at least once a month (so few because its hard to when its cold)
- Create a series of drawings for an exhibition
- Learn to control my IBS (this is a must!)
- Have a professional family photo of the three of us.